Wednesday, June 27, 2012

TEMPERING.....


There are two quotes on Adversity that I peeled from the web: the first, Nietzsche “That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.”  The other is, from some dark wit “That which does not kill me only delays the inevitable.”

As some may or may not know, I was scheduled to have had surgery two days ago, on Monday. However, at the last minute, last Thursday, the hospital called and said I had to be cleared by the cardiologist prior to getting opened up.

Now, I had some pretty justifiable anger at that, considering they had my EKG for a week, and notified me so late in the week that there was no way to get the necessary stress tests, etc. done in time to continue ahead with the surgery as planned. SO that was extremely frustrating. Then when I was told the cardiologist couldn’t see me until July 3rd….I was more than a little ticked. (Call me selfish…I would like to get this thing out of me, and get on with my life…)

I had some justifiable anger....
So, imagine my pleasant surprise when the Vascular Imaging people called Monday and told me they could squeeze me in yesterday for the stress test. Excellent. So I got that done. Then a few hours later, I was told the cardiologist, one Dr. Pautz (sounds like ‘pouts’) could see me today….AWESOME! Things were moving along nicely.

I just got back from Dr. Pautz.

ME. DAMMIT.
Adversity. Remember, adversity? (We were speaking of it a moment back.) When this whole debacle is over I will be impervious.  A FUCKING SUPERMAN. Weird feelings right now, again. Sorry.

Lest you freak out, (not my intention), suffice to say not BAD news....but not *GOOD* news, either. More like, "What the f**k now, are you kidding me, when is this horse-shit gonna-end, really for serious, f**k, f**k, F**K." Kinda news."

For whatever it's worth, my perspective on a lot of shit has been radically yanked about the last few weeks..so for any ensuing weirdness you may experience at my hands...I apologise in advance.(GRIN)
 

Remember? The nephrectomy!
Anyway, I am cleared to go ahead with the nephrectomy. At this time it is unknown when, but I am sure they will let me know soon enough.

  My love to you all.
Charlie

1 comment:

  1. That's so crazy to me that you have to see a cardiologist for your nephrectomy. I didn't have to do that at all or anything like it. And I was getting the whole thing (and then some) taken out because it was squeezing my aorta... you'd think that'd warrant an EKG or something! Hmmm at any rate, good luck with it all. Thanks for keeping updated.

    ReplyDelete